Here is my questionarie for Secret Pal 10!
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Alpaca has to be my all time favorite, but any natural fiber will warm my heart. I’m not a fan of acrylic, but I do have some in my stash it just tends to get passed over when its time to pick teams for dodge ball.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
At the moment I have a cute bucket thing I got as a x-mas gift from a client. But I keep my “current” needles in whatever bag I’m using to lug my stuff around the city at that moment.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned to knit several times during my childhood taught by my Mom. I never seemed to make it past swatch stage until my early twenties when I rediscovered and taught myself (sadly my Mom had passed away) I would consider myself an intermediate knitter on the verge of advanced-intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?Yes
, Yes I do.
5. What's your favorite scent?
I love florals or citrus. My perfume is Stella by Stella McCartney if that helps.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Chocolate rules my heart. As do homemade cookies.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I sew, mostly for work but also for fun. I just took my first spinning class this week, and really like it so far.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I’m a little all over the place as far as music, I listen to basically everything except hard-core metal. But I am always up for suggestions.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love purples and blues, I guess all jewel tone colors. No colors I can’t stand but I rarely make anything in bright yellows or oranges unless it’s an accent color or toy.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am recently married to an amazing guy named Gene. We live in Brooklyn New York, so far just us no babies or pets.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves constantly, hats and mittens when I remember, which isn’t often. Never got into the ponchos I’m too much of a hoodie addict.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
My favorite has to be knitting toys mostly from my own designs. But that might be because it’s the only knitting project I finish with any regularity
13. What are you knitting right now?
An Octobot and an Aquabot.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I am a fan of Wood needles in general unless it’s circular and then its Adi turbo all the way.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I own a ball winder, but I still haven’t bit the bullet and bought a swift yet.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I have a seed stitch scarf that just celebrated its 2nd birthday this Christmas.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Hmm…I don’t have one really. I got soured on holidays after my Mom died. But I guess my wedding anniversary if that counts, September 2.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Does hording knitting books count?
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have a subscription interweave knits. But I regularly buy Vouge knitting, Fiber arts, quilting arts, and American Craft. As well as any other knitting magazine that might look good that month. If you couldn’t tell I have a slight problem with magazines=>
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Always. I just started experimenting with Entrelac, But I would love to learn the “right way” to do fair isle and intarsia.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Since I have never actually turned a heel I don’t think I can say I am a sock knitter by I am a sock designer in my head. The tiny needles just scare me a little but I am slowly but surely making my way there.
And to much mocking by my older sister, my foot is a size 10 us women’s
23. When is your birthday?
September 22, 1980.
Labels: Secret Pal 10