Friday, April 20, 2007

Philly is kinda tropical...right?

So any one else ever have a sewing machine literally bend its gears rather than to continue to sew for you? I’m not sure what I did to piss of the craft gods, but well they were not happy with me yesterday.

My sewing machine decided to basically die, 4 hours before a final fitting. Which now due to an unexpected last minute trip to Philadelphia this weekend I won’t have time to make any last adjustments. Lets just say it was an unpleasant afternoon, But I didn’t have to go buy a new machine, which was looking like a very real possibility, And I was able to hand sew what was necessary before the tech rehearsal and they looked amazing if I do say so myself.

So now my Bernina is in the shop having mighty expensive repairs, the poor thing has been in storage since my first apartment in Chicago, two moves ago (It was my cheap Kenmore machine that bit the bullet) Lets hope that they repair it before the end of next week otherwise I will be doing a lot more hand sewing.

But yeah lots of other random stresses this week and I am ready for some kind of tropical vacation right about now. But instead of the Caribbean I do have my gift from my Secret Pal, I received The Knitting Circle by Ann Hood in the mail and so far it is really a beautiful book. I have to read it in small doses though. It is the story of a woman who deals with the loss of her young daughter by learning to knit. So while really touching it hits a little close to home, especially during a hard week. But I am thoroughly enjoying it and am taking it with me on the train to Philadelphia this afternoon. Lets hope I don't cry like a baby in font of all the NJ commuters on the Path train.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home