Friday, September 28, 2007

Way past retro

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

That my friends is the amazing antique spinning wheel my lovely friend Melissa found, and that her equally lovely husband just dropped off to Brooklyn Generalfor me. She told me it was broken, and very very old. It actually only needs a new drive band, some serious CLR treatment on all the metal parts, and if I feel like it a new footman for one of the treadles. Though it works just fine as a single treadle. It even has a built in lazy kate in the top. It looks and feels like the kind of wheel people made really functional yarn/twine/rope on, back when it wasn't just a hobby for the fiber obsessed like myself.

I am hoping after A LOT of tlc that I might be able to convert it into a wheel to spin all the crazy beautiful stuff from the Pluck Fluff book that is not going to go as smoothly on Lucille

Here keeping my fingers crossed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like it!

11:13 AM  
Blogger primdollie said...

Oh this is awesome and love Lucille too!! I am lusting after one or a Lendrum??? but I have an S10 and do LOTS of bulky yarns on it and thought you could on the Victoria too???? (I'm a new friend on Ravelry!! and found your blog!!!) sadly have to get a new vehicle 1st so the new toy is on hold for a while I'm afraid!!! but hope you get this new one working!! have fun!!! Hugs Linda

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home